Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Logan's Birthday

Logan was born March 17, 1987. 



He loved that his birthday was on St Patricks Day because he thought it was really unique. I tried to make a big deal about all of his birthdays and this one was no exception, this year he would have been 26 years old. I had thought alot about what to do for his birthday. I could have done something simple and just released balloons but I decided instead to try to do something unique. I have seen many people at weddings let off those floating lanterns like from Tangled. I had wanted to do that at the Great Salt Lake on Logan and Chad's year mark but they are looking to ban them so I just thought his birthday would be a good time to. First we had dinner at my house where we just sat and talked about all of our memories we had of Logan, then we were off to the cemetery. When we got there because of daylight savings time it was still really light so we waited a bit before we got the lanterns out. Chad's mom Karen brought cake pops for all of us to have since I didnt have time to do a cake or anything. The ideas of the lanterns were great, but they definitely were alot cooler in Tangled. We found that the cemetery had alot of trees and it was really cold and windy so that obviously didnt help. Not only that but it was really hard to get them to lite. One we got the hang of it and it cleared the trees it was really cool. I got orange ones because that was Logan's favorite color and then we wrote a wish or our favorite memories of Logan on them. It didnt turn out quite the way we had wanted it to but at least we got some really good laughs out of it. I am sure that Logan was looking down laughing at us for almost catching a few trees on fire. It was a really good day considering. 







1 comment:

  1. You are so cute, those lanterns are such a good idea. love you.

    ReplyDelete