Friday, January 3, 2014

Logan and Chad's tree




I have gone to the festival of trees pretty much every year, I love looking at all the trees but I had no idea how much work actually went into them! Right after Logan and Chad died I wanted to do a tree but missed the deadline to actually do one, so the day after Christmas last year I went and bought a bunch of stuff for it and decided to do one this year. I came up with the idea of doing a duck hunting tree since it was unique and that’s what they both loved to do, duck hunting and Christmas was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I don’t really know anything about duck hunting and am definitely not a tree decorator so I was just trying to make it look and represent Logan and Chad as well as I could, I wanted it to be classy not trashy. Needless to say after putting A LOT of time, money, and thought into the tree it ended up being beyond what I ever expected! My mom, grandma and aunt helped me a lot with the decorations and things for it. People helped me so much financially when Logan died with all the fundraisers and donations, I just knew I had to do something to give back. The tree ended up selling for $3,200 and all the money went towards Primary Children’s, it felt SO amazing for all of my hard work to have paid off! Here are pictures from the tree, every time I see pictures of their tree it makes me smile.






No comments:

Post a Comment