Monday, November 16, 2015

Everything happens for a reason

We always hear the saying "everything happens for a reason", and in the midst of our trials it is nearly impossible to see it this way. I often say I didn't sign up for any of this and that I'm tired of learning these lessons. When I hear about children having cancer, or children who have lost their mother or father, or when I turn on the news and see all the tragic stories, I can't help but feel they are happening more frequently then ever before. My heart aches thinking about their families confused asking why, how they are ever supposed to move forward from this or why is this happening to them. Unfortunately, it's been said we can't see the whole picture or may not get the answers as to why, but we just keep having hope and faith they were needed for much bigger and better things. For the people they leave behind this isn't always the easiest answer to hear or believe in at times. When Logan passed away I felt sorry for him that he wouldn't get to be here to see the kids grow and physically help them when they cried out for him. I couldn't understand and prayed incredibly hard for an answer as to why they would be robbed from that, and why he would be as well in this life. I struggled with this for a very long time.. Life moved forward and the kids got to have another amazing man come into their life that they call dad. They often look at it at how special it is that they have two daddy's one in heaven and one here. Parker and I desperately wanted to grow our family to help us mend while blending. When we found out we were expecting a little boy, I remember finally feeling like our family was getting back on our feet and excited for all blessings of having a new baby would bring to us and our new family. When we found out Beckham was gone I remember feeling defeat and that same guilt I felt for Logan not being able to raise Brody, for Parker and Beckham in this life. When I was trying really hard to see why or how this could possibly happen or the "reasoning" for it. Parker said to me "it's pretty ironic that I'm trusted with raising Logan's boy, and now he is trusted with raising mine." Tears immediately filled my eyes. I'm sure there are many reasons for blessings and tragedies in our life, but what comfort it is knowing that eventually we may get glimpses of gratitude and "reasoning" as to why things are the way they are. I found this picture of Logan and Chad with Brody right after he was born, and I couldn't help but picture this is what it looked like when Beckham had to go back home. They may not be watching football, or maybe they are. Regardless, it's such a comfort knowing Beckham has Logan to teach him about us and help guide him, like Parker has done for Brody. All I know is am incredibly grateful for eternal families and the knowledge that we will all get to be together again someday. What a sweet reunion it will be! 



2 comments:

  1. Parker's comment and this photo just gave me chills. That is an amazing perspective, to say the least. Thinking of you and your sweet family this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a BEAUTIFUL thought that is!!!! And I know it is true!!! Bless your hearts!!!! I pray you will be blessed with another little one before long!!!! I know the Lord will bless you!!! All my love!!

    ReplyDelete