Today would have been Logan's 28th Birthday, every birthday in the past he got to choose where we would eat. 99.9% of the time it would end up being McGraths, I hated seafood so that's the only time that he would ever get to really eat there. This year the kids and I just ended up going to his grave to decorate and let off balloons. It's still so weird to me how quickly they have adapted and accepted that their way of celebrating with and honoring their dad is decorating his grave and Brynn talking about her favorite memories of him. I am glad that we have finally found traditions we like to do together that make it not about being sad, and concentrate more on celebrating the amazing man he is, it's also helped Brody to know about him and feel like he knows him as well as we did. I found a video of him at McGraths where we were singing Happy Birthday to him, and he just had his embarrassed smile on his face, we watched it about 100 times and it made us smile. I am so grateful we have things like that to watch so we can remember his smile and what his laugh sounded like.
Happy Birthday Logan!


No comments:
Post a Comment