Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Love, Daddy

"Hello friends and family, thank you for joining us on this day. Our dear baby boy Beckham Parker Lambourne is the most perfect handsome little boy I could ever ask for. From his long long chicken legs, to his tiny nose. He is the best son a father could ever ask for, so perfect that he was to perfect for this earth. Heavenly Father has much higher plans for him, for which makes me honored and blessed to be a father to an angel that will be sitting right next to our Heavenly Father from this time forward. Although I am grateful of Beckham's divine purpose, I can't help to weep that I will never be able to hear him cry or laugh, watch him grow into an amazing tall man, that would probably outshine and outgrow his daddy. Never be able to show him how to use a wrench or work on cars, while teaching him the ways of life and that girls have cooties, but one day a girl is going to sweep him off his feet like his mommy did to me. So even though I know you are called to do much greater and divine things my son, I still may cry that we will never be able to build an old ford truck or car I'd always envisioned building with you. I may have to build one in your memory instead, as long as your mommy doesn't kill me for getting more car junk. Although you have left this physical world I feel you everywhere. In the normal day, to the more tender moments that take my breath away. Like the baby footprint in the hospital bathroom and the overwhelming sensation you are standing right before me, then the footprint was gone the next day (you'd better believe I'd check). I'd like to share another tender moment, especially for those wondering if the other side is really there. My parents and I on the night of baby Beckham's birth were talking, and I told them I was scared of losing the feeling he was near and noticing the presence of my sweet baby boy. Then I shared the first bathroom footprint moment I had, and a moment I shared sometime before with my papa, of finding a very treasured symbol of him to my family in my jeep while working doing lawns on a hard time; a feather, in a spot that no way a feather could have got to by chance. Well later that next morning, I go into the bathroom (I have no idea what it was with this hospital bathroom) and started to cry because I just wanted to feel my boy again. At this moment I had an odd feeling to check in my back left pocket, to my surprise to find.. yep you guessed it, a feather. Unless a bird flew into that hospital that night, squoze into my pocket I was sitting on and put that feather in there, I can't help but to think it was my dear papa helping my baby boy reach out to me. At this moment I felt that same massive and overwhelming feeling my blessid boy was right there with me again to give his panicking daddy comfort. I couldn't help but to rush out to tell Tasha what I had just experienced. This is how I know heaven is real, and I will see my baby boy once again. I know some wish they could take the pain away, but don't despair, for the pain helps me to feel and to feel helps me to be near to my boy. This last part is for my baby boy;
Beckham, I love you so much and am so happy for the comfort you have given to me and your mommy this past few hard hard days. I miss you so much and the feeling of your little hands. I will continue to watch for your love, and like I have told you maybe we can build a car in the sky together. I love you Beckham, and I will see you again.

Love, Daddy

                                               

1 comment:

  1. I sure wish I could meet you!!! Tasha had been in our lives for a long time!!!! Your words were so touching, heartfelt and besutiful!!!! You guys will always be in my prayers!!!!! My the Lord bless you and help you feel some peace especially during hard times!!!!! God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete